Tamil Nadu State Judicial Academy is a non-profit Institution under the administrative control of High Court, Madras and is being funded by Government of Tamil Nadu. The Academy was established on 23rd April, 2001 in Judicial Officers' Quarters at A2 Block, Egmore. The informal Induction Training to Judicial Officers in the State of Tamil Nadu was started in 1997. Earlier, the training was unstructured. Since then the steady spread of a more formalised approach to both theoretical and practical training at operational level. Foundation stone for the new building was laid on 10.2.2002 by Justice B.N.KIRPAL, Judge, Supreme Court of India. Tamil Nadu State Judicial Academy started functioning in the present building located in P.K.S.R. Salai, Madras. Present building was inaugurated on 25.7.2004 by the then Hon'ble Chief Justice of India Justice R.C.LAHOTI. Academy has conducted various programmes for Induction Training and other programmes of continuing judicial education for serving Judicial Officers to improve the quality of judicial performance by helping the Judges to acquire the tools for professional competence.
Its activities are formulated and monitored by the Board of Governors consist of Chief Justice of Madras High Court as its Patron-in Chief and not more than five Hon'ble High Court Judges as its members. The senior among them designated as the President of the Board of Governors. At the instruction of the Board of Governors The day to day affairs of the Academy is carried out by the Director, Additional Director and Assistant Director, who are Judicial Officers on Special Duty.
- Lecture Hall (Air-conditioned) - 30 persons capacity
- Conference Hall (Air-conditioned) - 110 persons capacity
- Multi Point Video Conferencing Facility
- Auditorium - 200 persons capacity
- Library (Air-conditioned) - 50 persons capacity
- Meeting Hall - 50 persons capacity (Air-conditioned)
- Board of Governors Meeting Room (Air-conditioned)
- Suites - 2 Nos.(Air-conditioned)
- 16 Guest Rooms (Air-conditioned) One Computer Room - 20 Computers (Air-conditioned)
- Recreation Room